Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Good Earth.


I went a bit mad at the grocery store yesterday. 

Last semester I was too poor to meet my usual fruit-and-veg-quota, and the knowledge that that won't be a problem this semester just sort of welled up and overwhelmed me last night at Broulims. 

I bought: broccoli, cauliflower, apples, oranges, tomatoes, garlic, scallions, potatoes, cucumbers, spinach, carrots, parsley, cilantro, lemons, and onions. I wanted to get squash, zucchini, mushrooms, celery, parsnips, turnips, Brussels sprouts, pears, avocados, and bell peppers, too... but it's a little early to be making my new roommates hate me. And, believe it or not, even I am limited as to the amount of produce I can throw back before it spoils.

Here's what I had for lunch/dinner:


I broke in my mini food processor (Christmas pressie) with a batch of hummus. And discovered that roasted broccoli and carrots are THE BEST EVER VEHICLES FOR HUMMUS. How have I never thought of this before? For protein's sake I also ate a boiled egg as I was cooking. Too bad I was so hungry; it woulda looked good on the plate.

No comments: